Dec 29, 2008

Welcome, Bryan!

I should let you all know that my site, "LV Voice" is not really affiliated with A Voice in the Valley, though a friend of mine (Bryan) maintains it. He's got a nice and dry sense of humor with a bend toward the sinister, thusly indicated by the red-on-black color scheme. Do not get me wrong. He is a nice guy. I think. I am not sure. I am going to stop talking now.

But, anyway, check him out. He's got a pretty good summary and introduction in the first post: "I have heard my friends and acquaintances constantly complain and berate the Valley for being stagnate and boring. I am hoping to create this blog for those in the Valley who want to discover what lies underneath its surface. This blog will be dedicated to what is going on in our area of the world."

He's taken a big bite of the blogging, saying he'll do restaurant reviews, local politics, and things to do around town. This isn't the first time he's been involved in the Valley internet scene, though. It may seem like he's new to this, but he's not: he maintained the Facebook group "Stop Wal-Mart In North Whitehall Township" and another group dedicated to local lore.

Happy reading, blogosphere!

10 comments:

Bernie O'Hare said...

I just saw Bryan's blog and immediately thought of you. Glad to see you approve, even though the names are close. I look forward to his perspective and enjoy yours as well.

Volvo Driving Soccer Mom said...

My God, B.O. are there any Blogs you aren't the first to comment on? What do you do, sit up 24/7 waiting for any woman to post?
Teres no escaping you, is there?

Katie Bee said...

Naw, teres no escaping him, VDSM.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Katie Bee,

My Blogger Dashboard tells me when there are new posts on the blogs I follow. These include male and female bloggers, including Katie Bee. I like her writing.

I'm pretty sure I was the first to break the ice on Bryan's new blog. He's a guy. A few days ago, I was slammed by VD for being the first to post a comment on MM's blog. I'm pretty sure he's a guy, too. So I don't sit around waiting for a woman to post so I can respond.

Katie Bee, I thought your "shout out" to Bryan was quite nice and posted some words of encouragement myself. I am very impressed by young people who take an interest. If there's something wrong or creepy about my comment, or if VD decides who may post comments on your blog, let me know.

Katie Bee said...

Bah, nothing creepy at all! I was just making fun of VDSM's spelling mistake. Sorry if it was misunderstood!

Volvo Driving Soccer Mom said...

I would never try to usurp your authority as Troll King Bernie, I'm not worthy. At least Katie Bee has a sense of humor.
Sorry Katie, I'll attempt not to encourage his wrath anymore.
My Teenage Daughters like your writing, and yours is one blog I allow them to read. They understan your lingo, where most of the time I don't.
Unfortunately, They have good reason to be leery of Mr. O'Hare.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Katie Bee,

I will not abuse your hospitality by responding to VD's slurs. I appreciate your answer and your post.

Katie Bee said...

Thanks, VDSM! I really don't have any clue who is reading my site (I am sure there is a way to find out, but I am not as tech-savvy as my teenage-status implies).

Thanks both of you for not making my comment column a forum for personal arguments, I like to keep it free from comment moderation!

Bryan said...

Hey Katie,
Thank you for the 'shout out'. I had no idea you had a blog. Sorry for the names being so close but I guess we just think alike in that aspect. Oh, I am a guy by the way. Before I started this blog, I had no idea that anyone blogged about the valley. It's nice to see quite a community on here. Well, thanks again. I'm off to post my first restaurant review.

Chris Casey said...

Hi Katie Bee, that's an interesting headshot, I didn't recognize you! I don't know if we will ever have a true gathering of the "Blogger Tuesday" bunch, but could you do me a favor and drop an email to Sarah at Lehigh Lexicon and let her know what weekends you will be in Allentown, and could attend one? Then she could share it with me, and I can try and work something out for all of us. Thanks. CC.